WAIT Before you scroll down
i have to explain and tell all of you that Kuah town is still a great place to visit.
So if you look at my pictures and think, shit, this looks like a ghost town, and ewwwwwww im not coming here at all. Please don’t be put off by my pictures. Although Kuah Town, in Langkawi really looks like this, but it is still one of our favorite spots to get
Chinese Food, Great Seafood, Awesome Nasi Lemak and cheap DUTY FREE shopping!
So here is what you will see here
After you are done shopping, head over to Water Garden Hawker Center for some chow…
There is also a stall at the corner of the road near the duty free shops,
The Packet of Nasi Lemak (packet rice with a choice of either anchovies, egg, fish or meat with curry paste) was a surprise. The rice was Yellow~! yummy..i think they add extra spices to it, thats why its so fragrant.
This is a nice cigar shop. They also sell shisha components and equipment here.
There are a few shops worth looking at
Unless you went for water sports and dropped your camera or lost a cable then you can come here to get your electronic replacements.
Im not surprised that only locals know that Langkawi is DUTY free.Langkawi isn’t publicized enough by the tourism department as a duty-free destination.
So for all you guys who are here in Langkawi for Sun, Sea and Booze, – Beer, Liquor, Cigarettes are cheaper than the mainland.
So now you know! What Kuah, Langkawi town looks like:D
What else does Kuah have that you might need to know.
- A lot of nice seafood restaurants on the way to Kuah. Opposite the KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) outlet.
- Almost all the car/motor bike repair shops are here. So if you get a flat tire, or engine trouble, you probably need to come to Kuah Town. So Its advisable to get the shops phone number as emergency when you decide to rent a bike or car.
- Post office is here in case you want to post stuff. The last collecting time for postal service in Langkawi is 1 pm.
- The largest shopping mall is here in Kuah.
- Duty free items are cheaper here in Langkawi
- The Jetty is just 3 minutes away from the Jetty.
We hope this helps you when you are backpacking in Langkawi. For more free budget information, check us out at www.backpackies.com .
:D:D have fun!